Promoting plus size fashion is not an easy thing to do in Montreal and it’s only fair to assume that wanting to open a store solely catering to plus size fashion must be even harder. Therefore, when two young women wanting to embrace this challenge contacted me because they needed some help, I had to take the time to introduce them to you properly. They are still at an early stage of their ambitious project and they need help finding out what your needs are ladies. Here is a little interview that will allow you to get to know them better and at the end of the interview you will find a little survey which I’m sure will help them greatly to eventually open their boutique.
What prompted you to want to open a plus size fashion boutique?
– Our motivation originated from us wanting to find nice colorful clothes that reflected youthful trends. Unfortunately we soon realized that what the local market had to offer in terms of plus size clothing didn’t represent us at all. Despite some well-known plus size retailers the choice selection can often be a bit depressing. So we decided to open our own store so that all plus size women are able to find affordable garments they really like in store and online.
Are you both also plus size women?
– Yes, we have been plus size for several years.
Did you find a name for your store yet?
– Yes we did and it will be CATAPULP.
When do you think you will be able to open?
– This is not something that is done overnight, but we hope to start a business soon.
In what area would you like to open your store?
– The survey we are doing today will help us determine, among other things, the place where the store will implant best and what plus size women really want to see in stores. It could be a store located in a mall or on the street near a metro station. The answers gathered from the survey will dictate our next steps.
Are you already working in the fashion industry?
-Together we have about thirty years of experience in the field of sales and customer service and we also worked for plus size retailers stores.
We want to thank you for your interest in our store. This is a project that is important to us and it makes us really happy to have a blogger that we follow religiously helping us.
We will keep you informed of the developments concerning CATAPULP. Also, for your readers who want to complete the survey, there is a place at the end to leave their email address. You will receive as a thank you a special coupon that will be effective once our store will be open.
Thank you again,
Nadine Moore and Emily Roy
Here’s the link to their survey: